e. ASSOCIATED PUBLICATIONS. The
publications listed below pertain to the Tractor, Full
Tracked and its components:
6. How to Locate Repair Parts.
a. When National Stock Number or Part
Number is Not Known.
(1) First. Using the table of contents,
determine the assembly group or subassembly group to
which the item belongs. This is necessary since figures
are prepared for assembly groups and subassembly
groups, and listings are divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the figure covering the
assembly group or subassembly group to which the
(3) Third. Identify the item on the figure and use the
Figure and Item Number Index to find the NSN.
b. When National Stock Number or Part Number
(1) First. Using the National Stock Number or
the Part Number Index, find the pertinent National Stock
Number or Part Number. The NSN index is in National
Item Identification Number (NIIN) sequence (see 4.a(1)).
The part numbers in the Part Number index are listed in
ascending alphanumeric sequence (see 4.b). Both
indexes cross-reference you to the illustration/figure and
item number of the item you are looking for.
(2) Second. Turn to the figure and item number,
verify that the item is the one youre looking for, then
locate the item number in the repair parts list for the