ENGINE STARTING AND MACHINE WARM-UP CONTINUED
WARN I N G
Hearing protection is required when standing within 26 ft (8 m) of the machine while it is
operating. Failure to wear hearing protection may result in hearing loss.
1. Ensure all bystanders are clear of machine and briefly sound horn before starting engine.
2. Ensure arctic heater switch is in the OFF position, if equipped.
3. Move left joystick to NEUTRAL position (WP 0004).
5. Turn engine throttle switch counterclockwise to "Low Idle" position (WP 0004).
WARN I N G
The monitoring system will perform an automatic self-diagnostic functional test whenever
engine start switch is turned to the ON position. If action alarm does not sound or
monitoring displays are not functioning, DO NOT start engine. Notify Field Maintenance.
Failure to follow this warning may result in injury or death to personnel as any Warning
Category 3 notifications will not be relayed to the operator.
N OT E
The automatic self-diagnostic functional test verifies outputs (gauges, alert indicators, and
alarms) are operating correctly.
Gauges must sweep to the far right of their scale and then back.
Alert indicators must come on momentarily.
All segments of the LCD must come on momentarily.
The action alarm must sound.
6. Turn engine start switch to ON position but DO NOT start engine. Allow monitoring system to perform self-
C AU T I O N
DO NOT crank engine for more than 30 seco ds. Allow starting motor to cool for two
minutes before cranking again or damage to starting motor or batteries may result.
Shut down engine if engine oil pressure indicator remains lit 10 seconds after start up.
Failure to follow this caution may result in engine damage.
7. Turn and hold engine start switch to START. Release engine start switch after engine starts.
8. Allow engine to warm up at low idle for five minutes.
9. Slowly operate hydraulics (blade and implements) to allow warm hydraulic oil to circulate through all hydraulic
END OF TASK