TRANSMISSION AND STEERING CONTROL CONTINUED
4. Ensure ground speed control wheel is rolled to left to lowest setting.
5. Release pedal.
6. To get machine to travel in a forward direction, move left joystick forward past detent. To get machine to travel
in reverse direction, move left joystick backwards past detent.
7. Roll ground speed control wheel right to increase ground speed. Maximum ground speed is 6.2 mph (10 km/h)
in either forward or reverse direction, and can only be attained when ground speed control wheel is in a
medium to high speed position.
8. To slow machine, do one of the following;
a. Depress brake/deceleration pedal slightly,
b. Roll ground speed control wheel left (clockwise),
Turn engine throttle switch to lower setting.
9. To stop machine, either move left joystick back to HOLD (center) position or depress brake/decel pedal past
10. To change direction of straight line travel, move left joystick back to HOLD position (machine will come to a
stop), then past opposite detent.
11. To turn machine while traveling in either forward or reverse, move left joystick in direction of turn desired.
Turning radius is proportional to joystick position. Hence, moving joystick only a slight amount will cause
machine to turn only a slight amount. As joystick is moved further away from HOLD position, machine will turn
at a greater rate.
12. If left joystick is moved past the side detent (left or right), counterrotation will occur. Counterrotation is defined
as one track moving in forward direction while opposite track moves at same speed but in reverse direction.
13. To turn machine while at a stop, referred to as pivot turning, move left joystick from HOLD position in direction
of turn desired. Outside track will move in forward direction while inside track remains stationary. Machine will
pivot on stationary track. Release joystick when desired direction of travel is achieved.
END OF TASK