WINCH OPERATION CONTINUED
1. If working on a hill, either drive up to top of hill and turn around, then drive downhill past object and align
machine with object, or drive up hill backwards toward object aligning machine with object.
2. Engage parking brakes.
3. Ensure implement lockout switch is disengaged (WP 0004).
4. Push free spool switch to allow cable to be pulled from drum by hand (WP 0004).
5. Pull out enough cable to safely and securely fasten load.
6. Secure cable to load.
N OT E
Winch speeds are proportional to the position of the winch reel control lever. Slight
movement of lever causes winch/load to move slowly. Move lever farther from HOLD
position and winch/load moves faster.
7. Tighten cable by first ensuring drum is not rotating, then move winch reel control lever left to reel in load.
Figure 5. Winch Controls.
Free Spool Mode
Free spool mode allows cable to be pulled from drum by hand. When free spool switch is pushed, winch brake is
disabled and winch splined connection is disengaged. Switch will remain in free spool mode until switch is pushed
again or another winch function is activated.