OPERATION IN EXTREME HEAT CONTINUED
WARN I N G
DO NOT service cooling system unless engine ha been allowed to cool down. This is a
pressurized cooling system and escaping steam or hot coolant will cause serious burns.
DO NOT remove cooling system pressure cap when engine is hot. Allow engine to cool
down. Failure to follow this warning may cause serious burns.
Wear effective eye, hand, and skin protecton when handling coolants. Failure to follow
this warning may cause injury.
1. Check coolant level at frequent intervals and keep cooling system pressure cap tight.
2. Be sure the radiator is free of bugs, dust, and other foreign matter.
3. Check engine drive belt tension frequently. Report damaged or loose belt to Field Maintenance.
Lubricate according to Lubrication Order 5-2410-240-13, with the temperature range that applies to the highest
1. Check and clean or replace air filters at shorter than normal intervals.
2. Check and clean or replace air filters if the engine air filter indicator illuminates on the monitor system or if the
Messenger display broadcasts a message regarding the specific problem.
1. Park machine under cover, if possible.
2. Check frequently for rust. Clean and lubricate machine to help prevent deterioration.
END OF TASK
OPERATION IN MUD OR ON SOFT SURFACES
1. Before entering mud or other soft surfaces, check conditions and ensure that area may be entered safely.
Select appropriate engine and ground speeds for conditions.
2. Maintain steady ground speed to keep machine rolling until solid ground is reached. DO NOT accelerate to the
point where tracks spin, if possible.
3. If machine gets stuck, try to pull out slowly. Notify Field Maintenance if machine cannot be freed.
4. Clean and inspect for proper lubrication.
END OF TASK
OPERATION IN SANDY OR DUSTY AREAS
1. Maintain steady, even movement. Try to keep machine rolling without straining engine and powertrain. If
machine gets stuck, notify Field Maintenance.