HYDRAULIC FAN SPEED CALIBRATION AND ADJUSTMENT CONTINUED
1. Check the following conditions:
a. Set parking brake and operate engine at high idle (TM 5-2410-240-10).
b. Ensure hydraulic oil temperature (Figure 10, Item 1) exceeds 104°F ± 18°F (40°C ± 10°C).
2. Select Next button (Figure 10, Item 5) to start calibration. If conditions for setup are not correct, condition that is
not correct will be displayed in middle display area. Calibration will not start. When conditions are correct,
select Next button (Figure 10, Item 5) to start calibration of fan speed.
3. Record fan speed. Maximum fan speed for machine is 2,015 ± 50 rpm.
N OT E
When right arrow button is selected, sign l to hydraulic demand fan solenoid will be
increased. When signal is increased, fan speed will decrease. When left arrow button is
selected, signal to hydraulic demand fan solenoid will be decreased. When signal is
decreased, fan speed will increase.
When adjusting maximum fan speed and maximum is exceeded, decrease fan speed to
1,000 rpm and then increase fan speed to maximum fan speed. This will allow fan speed
to be properly set.
Calibration procedure will bestopped for diagnostic or event codes. Correct condition that
caused code and restart calibration.
4. Calibration procedure may be canceled at any time by selecting Cancel.
5. Select left arrow button (Figure 10, Item 3) or right arrow button (Figure 10, Item 2) at bottom of screen until fan
speed is approximately 2,000 rpm.
Figure 10. Maximum Fan Speed Calibration.