Table 1. Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS).
ITEM TO BE
MAN- CHECKED OR
WARN I N G
· If the machine is parked indoors during the performance
of PMCS, DO NOT run the engine unless exhaust fumes
are vented to the outside. Failure to follow this warning
may cause injury or death to personnel due to carbon
N OT E
· Review all WARNINGs, CAUTIONs, and NOTEs before
performing PMCS on the D6K Dozer with Winch or D6K
Dozer with Ripper.
· Unless otherwise indicated, perform all preventive
maintenance and lubrication with machine parked on
level ground, engine shut down, parking brake engaged,
and hydraulic system pressure relieved.
· Perform Operator PMCS prior to or in conjunction with
Field PMCS if:
There is a delay between daily operation of the
machine and Field PMCS.
The regular operator is not assisting.
· If leakage is detected during performance of PMCS,
further investigation is required to determine location and
cause of leak.
· Walk around machine and look for any obvious leaks or