CLEANING AND INSPECTION
Clean and inspect all parts IAW Mechanical General Maintenance Instructions (WP 0282).
END OF TASK
1. Install lifting device on flywheel (Figure 3, Item 1).
WARN I N G
Use extreme caution when handling heavy parts. Provide adequate support and use
assistance during procedure. Ensure any lifting device used is in good condition and of
suitable load capacity. Keep clear of heavy parts supported only by lifting device. Failure to
follow this warning may cause injury or death to personnel.
N OT E
Flywheel weighs approximately 167 lb (75 kg).
2. Using lifting device and with assistance, install flywheel (Figure 3, Item 1) on flywheel housing (Figure 3,
3. Remove two guide studs (Figure 3, Item 6) from crankshaft (Figure 3, Item 4).
WARN I N G
Use caution when using adhesives and sealants. Prolonged inhalation of vapors can
cause lung irritation. Contact with skin can cause dermatitis. Wear gloves and safety
goggles and use product in a well-ventilated area away from open flame. If ingested, keep
individual calm and seek medical attention. DO NOT induce vomiting. If contact with skin
or eyes is made, flush thoroughly with water. Dispose of cleanup rags IAW local policy and
ordinances. Failure to follow this warning may cause injury to personnel.
4. Apply sealing compound on threads of 12 bolts (Figure 3, Item 2).
5. Install 12 washers (Figure 3, Item 3) and bolts (Figure 3, Item 2) retaining flywheel (Figure 3, Item 1) on
crankshaft (Figure 3, Item 4).
6. Remove lifting device from flywheel (Figure 3, Item 1).