1. Position drain pan underneath drain hole (Figure 1, Item 5).
WARN I N G
System is under pressure. Loosen and remove fill plug slowly to release pressure.
Use caution to protect against burns when draining oil.
Contact with oil can damage skin. Wear gloves when handling oil. If oil contacts skin, wash
it off immediately.
Lubricating oil is very slippery. Immediately wipe up any spills.
Failure to follow these warnings may cause injury to personnel.
2. Loosen and slowly remove fill plug (Figure 1, Item 1) from fill hole (Figure 1, Item 2) to release pressure.
3. Remove drain plug (Figure 1, Item 4) from drain hole (Figure 1, Item 5).
N OT E
When servicing this machine, performing maintenance, or disposing of materials such as
engine coolant, hydraulic fluid, lubricants, battery acids or batteries, and CARC paint,
consult your unit/local hazardous waste disposal center or safety office for local regulatory
guidance. If further information is needed, please contact The Army Environmental Hotline
4. Allow oil to drain into drain pan and dispose of oil.
5. Remove two O-rings (Figure 1, Item 3) from drain plug (Figure 1, Item 4) and fill plug (Figure 1, Item 1). Discard
Figure 1. Winch Oil Drain and Fill Plugs.
END OF TASK