CLEANING AND INSPECTION
WARN I N G
Wear eye protection when using wire brush to clean winch cable.
Failure to replace winch cable with damage as described below could cause winch cable
to break under load.
Failure to follow these warningsmay cause injury to personnel.
1. Clean entire length of winch cable with wire brush.
2. Inspect entire length of winch cable for flat spots, fraying, kinks, and evidence of rusting.
3. Replace winch cable if any frays or kinks are evident.
4. Replace winch cable if any flat spot is more than half diameter of winch cable.
5. Clean and inspect all parts IAW Mechanical General Maintenance Instructions (WP 0282).
END OF TASK