1. Before starting a task, think about the risks and hazards to your safety as well as that of others. Wear
protective gear such as safety goggles or lenses, safety shoes, rubber apron, and gloves. Protect yourself
2. Observe all WARNINGs, CAUTIONs, and NOTEs.
3. When lifting heavy parts, have someone help you. Make sure lifting equipment is working properly, suitable for
the task assigned, of sufficient load capacity, and secured against slipping.
4. Always use power tools carefully.
5. Before beginning a procedure, ensure the following conditions have been observed, unless otherwise
a. Machine must be parked on level ground with parking brake engaged.
b. Work tool must be lowered to the ground.
Steering control lever in NEUTRAL position.
d. Engine must be off.
e. Components which are hot at operating temperatures (i.e., cooling, exhaust, and hydraulic systems) must
cool down before they are removed.
Components must, however, be at operating temperature to be tested.
g. Batteries must be disconnected when performing system maintenance.
h. Hydraulic system pressure must be relieved before disconnecting any hydraulic system line or fitting. Refer
to Relieving Hydraulic System Pressure in this work package.
END OF TASK