WEATHERPROOF CONNECTOR REPAIR CONTINUED
8. Install sleeve (Figure 9, Item 4) and seal (Figure 9, Item 3) on harness (Figure 9, Item 5).
9. Install terminal (Figure 9, Item 2) on housing (Figure 9, Item 6).
10. Install terminal lock (Figure 9, Item 1) on housing (Figure 9, Item 6).
Figure 9. Weatherproof Connector - Male.
END OF TASK
ELECTRICAL GROUND POINTS
N OT E
Good electrical ground points are essential for the proper functioning of the electrical
system. Ground points on electrical components and machine frame must be maintained
in a clean and secure condition to minimize electrical problems.
1. Remove nut, locknut, lockwasher, screw, and other hardware connecting ground wire or ground cable to
ground point on electrical component or threaded stud on machine frame.
2. If necessary, clean dirt from ring terminal, surface of electrical component, ground point, and all mounting
hardware with detergent, water, and a scrub brush.
3. Remove any corrosion or rust with a wire brush and abrasive cloth.
4. Replace defective mounting hardware. Replace defective ring terminal IAW Ring Terminal Repair in this work
5. Install ground wire or ground cable on ground point with mounting hardware and tighten securely.
END OF TASK