PREPARATION FOR HIGHWAY AND OCONUS RAIL TRANSPORT
N OT E
All removed fasteners and loose hardware must be transported with the machine.
For highway transport, one M870 trailer with prime mover is required.
1. Position dozer blade in transport position. Refer to Dozer Blade Stowage/Unstowage in this work package.
WARN I N G
Always use a ground guide when moving machine up ramp to load onto trailer or railcar.
Failure to use a ground guide may result in an accident, causing injury or death to
personnel or damage to equipment.
2. Start engine (TM 5-2410-240-10).
3. With assistance from ground guides, slowly drive machine on trailer or railcar.
4. If passing over spanner between railcars, maintain constant speed. DO NOT stop quickly or reverse direction.
5. Stop machine and apply parking brake when directed by ground guides (TM 5-2410-240-10).
6. Lower ripper, if equipped, on wood blocks on trailer or railcar deck, then apply slight downward pressure
7. Angle dozer blade (Figure 1, Item 1) as far left as possible, reducing total width of machine (Figure 1, Item 2)
Figure 1. Dozer Shown Loaded on M870 Trailer Before