PREPARATION FOR MARINE TRANSPORT
The D6K Dozer may be transported by roll-on/roll-off (RO/RO), break bulk (general cargo), and barge-carrying
(LASH and SEABEE) ships, as well as Army watercraft, without component removal.
Follow RO/RO regulations and procedures as outlined in this work package.
WARN I N G
Safe RO/RO operation depends on strict adherence to RO/RO regulations. Failure to do
so may result in injury or death to personnel or damage to equipment.
1. Only qualified and screened operators are permitted to drive machine in RO/RO operations.
2. All personnel working in machine operating areas must wear hearing protection.
3. DO NOT move machine about the ship without a ground guide present.
4. DO NOT start machine until directed to do so. Before moving out, test brakes.
5. Operate machine with lights on.
6. Only one vehicle may transit a ramp at any time.
7. DO NOT leave machine unattended with the engine running.
8. DO NOT exceed 5 mph (8 km/h) while moving about ship.
9. Fuel tank on machine must be filled in accordance with Military Traffic Management Command (MTMC) port