RESTORING POWERTRAIN AFTER AIRDROP CONTINUED
3. Install four original large bolts (Figure 36, Item 1) on center belly plates (Figure 36, Items 2 and 3).
Figure 36. Bolt Installation - Center Belly Plates.
4. Remove nuts from T-bolts, install washers onto T-bolts for storage, and re-install nuts.
5. Stow T-bolts in BII tool box.
END OF TASK
RESTORING MACHINE AFTER TRANSPORT ALL TRANSPORT METHODS
WARN I N G
Always use a ground guide when moving machine down ramp to unload from transport
trailer, railcar, ship, watercraft, or aircraft.
If passing over spanners between railcars, maintain a constant speed. DO NOT stop
quickly or reverse direction. Stop machine when told to do so by ground personnel.
Failure to follow this warning may cause injury or death to personnel or damage to
N OT E
The D6K Dozer can be driven off railcar at the railhead or lifted off with appropriate lift
1. Following instructions from load master, SLOWLY move machine straight off transport trailer, railcar, ship,
watercraft, or aircraft. Roll speed control wheel left (clockwise) to decrease ground speed, and negotiate ramps
at slowest speed possible (TM 5-2410-240-10).
2. Once machine has been off-loaded, proceed to applicable transport method listed below for instructions for
preparing machine to return to service.