N OT E
Before beginning a task, find out how much repair, modification, or replacement is needed
to fix equipment as described in this manual. Sometimes the reason for equipment failure
can be seen right away and complete teardown is not necessary. Disassemble equipment
only as far as necessary to repair or replace damaged or broken parts.
1. This chapter provides information for identifying and correcting malfunctions that may develop during operation
of the D7R Dozer with Winch and D7R Dozer with Ripper.
2. The Troubleshooting Index in (WP 0013) lists common malfunctions that may occur and refers to the proper
page in Engine Troubleshooting Procedures (WP 0019), Powertrain Troubleshooting Procedures
3. If you are unsure of the location of an item mentioned in troubleshooting, refer to General Information
4. Before performing troubleshooting, read and follow all safety instructions found in the Warning Summary at the
front of this manual.
5. Troubleshooting Index in (WP 0013) cannot list all malfunctions that may occur, nor can troubleshooting list all
tests or inspections and corrective actions.
6. Troubleshooting Index in (WP 0013) also lists all possible trouble codes for the machine. If an error/event code
is active along with a symptom, perform the error/event code troubleshooting first. Document all of the codes
and symptoms before troubleshooting. Some codes may set in the course of testing and should not be
diagnosed in addition to those noted before testing.
7. When troubleshooting a malfunction:
a. Locate the symptom or symptoms in Troubleshooting Index in (WP 0013) that best describe the
where the troubleshooting procedures for that error are described.
Perform the task, answer the question, and perform the corrective action in the order listed until the
malfunction is corrected. Do not perform any maintenance task unless the troubleshooting procedure tells
you to do so.
EXPLANATION OF COLUMNS
The columns in the troubleshooting table are defined as follows:
a. MALFUNCTION. A visual or operational indication that something is wrong with the equipment.
b. TEST OR INSPECTION. A procedure to isolate the problem in a system or component.
CORRECTIVE ACTION. A procedure to correct the problem.
END OF WORK PACKAGE