Table 2. Engine Troubleshooting Procedures - Continued.
TEST OR INSPECTION
5-11 Cylinder #5 Injector
WARN I N G
Electrical shock hazard. Electronic unit injector system uses 67-73
Volts. Failure to follow this warning may result in injury to personnel.
N OT E
The fuel injectors are an electro-mechanical device. High-pressure fuel
is continuously available to each injector. The engine Electronic Control
Module (ECM) determines the correct time and duration to activate
2. Start engine (TM 5-2410-241-10).
1. If active codes are present, trou-
On MSD, select 3176C D7 engine
bleshoot the applicable code(s)
ECM and check for Diagnostic
Codes or Event Codes
2. If no active codes are present,
proceed to step 3.
1. If "OK" displayed, problem does
not exist with the injector at this
time. Resume normal operation.
2. If "OPEN" displayed, proceed to
3. If "SHORT" displayed, proceed to
4. Disconnect engine harness con-
from valve cover side connector
5. Install jumper wire in pins 5 and 8
on engine harness connector