PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE CHECKS AND SERVICES (PMCS) INTRODUCTION
1. To ensure that the D7R Dozer is ready for operation at all times, it must be inspected on a regular basis so that
defects may be found and corrected before they result in injury, damage, or equipment failure.
2. The PMCS table in WP 0039 contains systematic instructions on inspections, lubrications, services, tests, and
corrections to be performed to keep the equipment in good operating condition and ready for its primary mis-
EXPLANATION OF TABLE ENTRIES
1. Item No. Column. Numbers in this column are for reference. When completing DA Form 2404 or DA Form
5988-E (Equipment Inspection and Maintenance Worksheet), include the item number for the check/service
indicating a fault. Item numbers also appear in the order that you must perform checks and services for the
2. Interval Column. This column tells you when you must perform the procedure in the Procedure column:
a. When Required procedures must be done when environmental conditions exist or wear is evident and
attention is required.
b. Every 250 Hours or Monthly procedures must be done once every month or after every 250 hours of
Initial 500 Hours procedures must be done after the first 500 hours of machine operation.
d. Every 500 Hours or 3 Months procedures must be done every three months or after every 500 hours of
e. Every 1,000 Hours or 6 Months procedures must be done every six months or after 1,000 hours of
Every 2,000 Hours or Annually procedures must be done every year or after 2,000 hours of machine oper-
g. Every 3,000 Hours or 2 Years procedure must be done every 2 years or after every 3,000 hours of
h. Every 3 years after date of installation or every 5 years after date of manufacture procedure must be done
based on installation or manufacture date of component mentioned in Item to Check/Service column.
Every 12,000 hours or every 6 years procedure must be done every 6 years or after every 12,000 hours of
3. Item to Check/Service Column. This column lists the item to be checked or serviced.