CLEANING AND INSPECTION
1. Clean all parts IAW Mechanical General Maintenance Instructions (WP 0295).
2. Inspect inside pulley (Figure 6, Item 5) for wear or out of round. Replace pulley if worn.
3. Inspect shaft threads (Figure 6, Item 1) for damage or excessive wear. Replace alternator (Figure 6, Item 3) if
damaged or has excessive wear.
4. Turn alternator shaft (Figure 6, Item 2) by hand. Shaft should turn easily with no grinding sound. If noisy,
bearings are worn, replace alternator (Figure 6, Item 3).
5. Inspect bracket (Figure 6, Item 4) for cracks, wear or deformities. Replace bracket if worn.
Figure 6. Alternator and Bracket Inspection.
END OF TASK