FRONT BOTTOM GUARD REMOVAL CONTINUED
1. Remove mid-forward bottom guard as described in Middle Bottom Guards Removal in this work package.
2. Install suitable support device under front bottom guard (Figure 1, Item 3).
3. Remove two nuts (Figure 1, Item 1) and washers (Figure 1, Item 2) from front bottom guard (Figure 1, Item 3).
4. Remove six bolts (Figure 1, Item 4), washers (Figure 1, Item 5), and front bottom guard (Figure 1, Item 3) from
5. Remove support device from front bottom guard (Figure 1, Item 3).
Figure 1. Front Bottom Guard.
END OF TASK
MIDDLE BOTTOM GUARDS REMOVAL
WARN I N G
Use extreme caution when handling heavy parts. Provide adequate support and use
assistance during procedure. Ensure any lifting device is in good condition and of suitable
Bottom guards will fall wh n bolts are removed.
Debris may accumulate inside bottom guards and add significantly to weight and balance
of bottom guards. Use extreme caution during removal of bottom guards.
Failure to follow these warnings may cause injury or death to personnel.