BLADE PITCH ADJUSTMENT
N OT E
Blade pitch is the fore/aft angle of the blade as viewed from the side of the machine. Blade
is factory set to a NEUTRAL pitch angle which, under most circumstances, will provide
ample bulldozing capacity. The blade can be adjusted to provide more or less pitch angle
based on bulldozing requirements. Pitching blade back causes blade to carry more
material. Pitching blade forward causes blade to carry less material.
1. Start engine, refer to (TM 5-2410-241-10).
2. Lower blade to ground, refer to (TM 5-2410-241-10).
3. Place blade control in FLOAT position, refer to (TM 5-2410-241-10).
N OT E
Retainer pin between left hand stabilizer bar and push arm must be loose and able to
4. Actuate tilt cylinder to remove all force from left hand stabilizer arm (Figure 1, Item 1).
5. Stop engine (TM 5-2410-241-10).
6. Support left hand stabilizer arm (Figure 1, Item 1) with blocks (Figure 1, Item 6).
7. Remove cotter pin (Figure 1, Item 3), pin (Figure 1, Item 4), and retainer pin (Figure 1, Item 2) from left hand
stabilizer arm (Figure 1, Item 1). Discard cotter pin.
Figure 1. Left Hand Stabilizer Bar and Pin.