ARCTIC KIT TROUBLESHOOTING INTRODUCTION
1. This chapter provides information for identifying and correcting malfunctions that may develop during operation
of the D7R Dozer Arctic Kit.
2. The Troubleshooting Symptom Index in WP 0284 lists common malfunctions which may occur, and refers to
the proper page in Arctic Kit Troubleshooting (WP 0286).
3. If you are unsure of the location of an item mentioned in troubleshooting, refer to Arctic Kit Troubleshooting
4. Before performing troubleshooting, read and follow all safety instructions found in the Warning Summary at the
front of this manual.
5. The Troubleshooting Symptom Index (WP 0284) cannot list all malfunctions that may occur, nor can trouble-
shooting list all tests or inspections and corrective actions. If a malfunction is not listed, or is not corrected by
the listed corrective actions, notify your supervisor.
6. When troubleshooting a malfunction:
a. Locate the symptom or symptoms in Troubleshooting Symptom Index (WP 0284) that best describe the
b. Turn to the page in Troubleshooting Procedures (WP 0286) where the troubleshooting procedures for the
malfunction in question are described.
Perform the task, answer the question, and perform the corrective action in the order listed until the mal-
function is corrected. Do not perform any maintenance task unless the troubleshooting procedure tells you
to do so.
EXPLANATION OF COLUMNS
The columns in the troubleshooting table are defined as follows:
a. MALFUNCTION. A visual or operational indication that something is wrong with the equipment.
b. TEST OR INSPECTION. A procedure to isolate the problem in a system or component.
CORRECTIVE ACTION. A procedure to correct the problem.
END OF WORK PACKAGE