PREPARATION FOR MARINE TRANSPORT
D7R dozer is capable of roll-on/roll-off (RO/RO), break bulk (general cargo), and barge carrying (LASH and
SEABEE) ships, as well as Army watercraft.
Follow RO/RO Regulations and Procedures as outlined.
WARN I N G
Safe RO/RO operation depends on strict adherence to RO/RO regulations. Failure to do
so may result in injury or death to personnel or damage to equipment.
1. Only qualified and screened operators are permitted to drive machine in RO/RO operations.
2. All personnel working in machine operating areas must wear hearing protection.
3. DO NOT move machine about the ship without a ground guide present.
4. DO NOT start machine until directed to do so. Before moving, test brakes.
5. Operate machine with lights on.
6. Only one vehicle may transit a ramp at any time.
7. DO NOT leave machine engine running unattended.
8. Fuel tank on machine must be filled in accordance with Military Traffic Management Command (MTMC) port
WARN I N G
Always use a ground guide when moving machine up ramp to load onto vessel. Failure to
use a ground guide may result in an accident, causing death or injury to personnel or
damage to equipment.
1. At all times, follow ground guide's instructions when moving about the ship.
2. At all times, keep machine under control and within the speed limit of 5 mph (8 km/h). Negotiate ramps in 1st
3. After loading, stop machine where directed to do so and engage parking brake (TM 5-2410-241-10).
4. Lower blade and ripper, if equipped, onto wood block and apply slight downward pressure (TM 5-2410-241-
5. Stop engine. (TM 5-2410-241-10).
6. Turn off battery disconnect switch (TM 5-2410-241-10).
7. Provide assistance, as required, in blocking/shoring/lashing machine for transport.
END OF TASK