PREPARATION FOR AIR TRANSPORT
The D7R dozer is air transportable by C-5 or C-17 without any component removal. The D7R dozer is not air
transportable in a C-130.
1. Ensure fuel level is between 25 and 75 percent full.
WARN I N G
Always use a ground guide when moving machine up ramp to load onto aircraft. Failure to
use a ground guide may result in an accident, causing death or injury to personnel or
damage to equipment.
2. Start engine (TM 5-2410-241-10).
3. Following instructions from load master, SLOWLY move machine straight into aircraft. Negotiate ramp at
slowest speed possible.
4. Once inside aircraft, stop machine and engage parking brake when directed to do so. Place transmission in
N (Neutral) (TM 5-2410-241-10).
5. Lower blade and ripper, if equipped, onto wood blocks and apply slight downward pressure (TM 5-2410-241-
6. Stop engine (TM 5-2410-241-10).
7. Turn off battery disconnect switch (TM 5-2410-241-10).
8. Provide assistance, as required, in blocking/shoring/lashing machine for transport.
END OF TASK