ARCTIC KIT HEATER BATTERY BOX REMOVAL CONTINUED
Use extreme caution when handling heavy parts. Provide adequate support and use
assistance during procedure. Ensure lifting device used is in good condition and of
suitable load capacity. Keep clear of heavy parts supported only by lifting device. Failure to
follow this warning may cause injury or death to personnel.
N OT E
Each battery weighs approximately 121 lb (55 kg).
Note position of batteries to aid installation.
Steps 10 through 12 remove one battery. Repeat steps to remove other battery.
10. Install sling and lifting device to arctic kit heater battery.
11. With assistance, remove arctic kit heater battery from arctic battery box.
12. Remove sling and lifting device from arctic kit heater battery.
N OT E
Arctic kit heater battery box weighs approximately 50 lb (23 kg).
13. With assistance, remove six bolts (Figure 13, Item 4), washers (Figure 13, Item 5), four bolts (Figure 13,
Item 2), washers (Figure 13, Item 3), and arctic kit heater battery box (Figure 13, Item 1) from machine.
Figure 13. Arctic Kit Heater Battery Box.
14. Stow battery box, batteries, cables, and cover on transport IAW FM 55-30, Army Motor Transport Unit and
END OF TASK