RESTORING D7R DOZER AFTER TRANSPORT
WARN I N G
For machines that have been transported via highway or rail car, Cab Installation and
ROPS Installation must be performed while the machine is still tied down on trailer or rail
car. Bulldozer Blade Installation and Arctic Kit Heater Battery Box Installation can be
performed after the machine is removed from trailer or rail car. Failure to follow this
warning can result in serious injury or death to personnel.
N OT E
For machines that have been marine or air transported, no restoration is required.
1. Install cab. Refer to Cab Installation in this work package.
3. Remove tie-downs securing machine to trailer or rail car.
4. Turn battery disconnect switch ON (TM 5-2410-241-10).
5. Start engine (TM 5-2410-241-10).
6. Raise ripper, if equipped, and remove wood blocks.
WARN I N G
Always use a ground guide when moving machine down ramp to unload from trailer or rail
car. Failure to use a ground guide may result in an accident, causing death or injury to
personnel or damage to equipment.
7. With assistance from ground guides, slowly drive machine off trailer or rail car.
8. If passing over spanner between rail cars, maintain constant speed, DO NOT stop quickly or reverse direction.
9. Move machine to an area suitable for installing remaining components.
10. Park machine and engage parking brake (TM 5-2410-241-10).
11. Install arctic kit heater batteries and battery box. Refer to Arctic Kit Heater Battery Box Removal in this work
12. Install trunnions (WP 0130).
13. Assemble and install bulldozer blade (WP 0268).
END OF TASK