ARCTIC KIT HEATER BATTERY BOX REMOVAL CONTINUED
WARN I N G
Use extreme caution when handling heavy parts. Provide adequate support and use
assistance during procedure. Ensure lifting device used is in good condition and of
suitable load capacity. Keep clear of heavy parts supported only by lifting device. Failure to
follow this warning may cause injury or death to personnel.
N OT E
Each arctic kit heater battery weghs approximately 121 lb (55 kg).
Steps 2 through 4 install one battery. Repeat steps to install other battery.
2. Attach sling and lifting device to battery.
3. With assistance, install battery as noted during removal.
4. Remove sling and lifting device.
5. Install battery hold down with cables attached (Figure 35, Item 9), two washers (Figure 35, Item 7), and nuts
(Figure 35, Item 8).
6. Install crossover cable (Figure 35, Item 5) as noted during removal.
7. Connect other battery cables (Figure 35, Items 3 and 6) to battery posts as noted during removal. Tighten four
clamp nuts (Figure 35, Item 4) and reposition covers (Figure 35, Item 2).
Figure 35. Arctic Kit Heater Battery Connections.
8. Release latches and open main battery box cover (TM 5-2410-241-10).
N OT E
Install battery cables as tagged during removal.
9. Position battery cables (Figure 35, Item 1) through holes in battery box.