PREPARATION FOR STORAGE OR SHIPMENT CONTINUED
Removal of Equipment from Administrative Storage
Activation. Notify Field Maintenance to restore the equipment to normal operating condition.
Servicing. Resume the maintenance service schedule in effect at the commencement of storage, or service the
equipment before the scheduled dates in order to produce a staggered maintenance workload.
Preparation of Equipment for Shipment
a. Machines that have been removed from storage for shipment DO NOT have to be reprocessed if they will
reach their destination within the administrative storage period. Reprocess only if inspection reveals any
corrosion or if anticipated in-transit weather conditions make it necessary.
b. When a machine is received that has already been processed for domestic shipment, as indicated on DD
Form 1397, the machine does not have to be reprocessed for storage unless corrosion and deterioration
are found during the inspection upon receipt. List on SF Form 364 all discrepancies found because of poor
preservation, packaging, packing, marking, handling, loading, storage, or excessive preservation. Repairs
that cannot be handled by the receiving unit must have tags attached listing needed repairs. A report of
these conditions will be submitted by the unit commander for action by an ordnance maintenance unit.
2. Notify Field Maintenance to remove ether starting aid cylinder, if equipped.
3. After machine is positioned on transporter, park machine (WP 0004).
4. Ensure arctic heater switch is turned to the OFF position.
5. Turn battery disconnect to OFF position (WP 0004)
6. Be sure cab doors, access doors, and access covers are secured.
C AU T I O N
Turbocharger may spin when engine is off due to air flow past machine exhaust pipe.
Rotation of turbocharger without engine operation may result in damage to turbocharger.
7. Use Tape, pressure sensitive adhesive (WP 0022, Item 19) to block exhaust pipe opening.
8. Secure machine with tiedowns.
The machine is warranted for six months. The warranty starts on the date found in block 23 of DA Form 2408-9,
Equipment Control Record. Report all defects to your supervisor, who will take appropriate action.