Table 1. Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS) - Continued.
ITEM TO BE
MAN- CHECKED OR
WARN I N G
2 years, or
· DO NOT service cooling system unless engine has
cooled. This is a pressurized cooling system and escap-
ing steam or hot coolant will cause serious burns.
· DO NOT remove cooling system radiator cap when
engine is hot. Allow engine to cool down.
· Loosen cap to first stop to allow any pressure out of cool-
ing system, then remove cap.
· Wear effective eye, hand, and skin protection when han-
· Failure to follow these warnings may cause injury or seri-
ous burns to personnel.
C AU T I O N
When servicing this machine, performing maintenance,
or disposing of materials such as engine coolant, hydrau-
lic fluid, lubricants, battery acids or batteries, and CARC
paint, consult your unit/local hazardous waste disposal
center or safety office for local regulatory guidance. If fur-
ther information is needed, please contact The Army
Environmental Hotline at 1-800-872-3845.
Replace water temperature
Engine is overheating or
does not reach operating
Replace seat belt (WP 0235).
Seat belt is damaged.
Date on belt is more than
3 years after
three years old.
5 years after