SERVICE UPON RECEIPT
General, Inspection Instructions, Assembly Instructions, Servicing Instructions
Tools and Special Tools
References - Continued
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's
DD Form 1397
(WP 0289, Item 51)
SF Form 364
Gloves, Rubber (S0208) (WP 0289, Item 53)
Goggles (S0209) (WP 0289, Item 53)
Cleaning compound, solvent, type III
(WP 0290, Item 6)
Rag, wiping (WP 0290, Item 21)
Machine parked (TM 5-2410-240-10)
DA Form 2404
DA Form 5988-E
1. When a new or reconditioned D6K Dozer with Ripper or D6K Dozer with Winch is first received, determine
whether it has been properly prepared for service and is in condition to perform its mission.
2. Follow these inspection and servicing instructions to assess the dozer's condition.
1. Read and follow all precautions and instructions on DD Form 1397, Processing and Deprocessing Record for
Shipment, Storage, and Issue of Vehicles and Spare Engines.
2. Remove all packing and shipping material, such as tape, tiedown straps, protective covers, and shipping seals.
Solvent cleaning compound MIL-PRF-680 Type III is an environmentally compliant and
low-toxic material. However, it may be irritating to the eyes and skin. Use protective gloves
and goggles. Use in well-ventilated areas. Keep away from open flames and other
sources of ignition. When not using MIL-PRF-680 solvents, ensure MIL-PRF-680 solvent
container is sealed. Store, handle and dispose of unused and spent solvents in
accordance with local procedures and plans. Failure to do so may result in injury or death
3. Clean any exposed metal parts coated with rust-preventive compound using Cleaning compound, solvent,
type III (WP 0290, Item 6).
4. Inspect equipment for any damage incurred during shipment. Check if equipment has been modified.
5. Check equipment against packing slip to ensure shipment is complete. Report any discrepancies on
SF Form 364, Report of Discrepancy (ROD).
6. Clean all external surfaces as needed. Touch up any paint scratches (see TM 43-0139, Painting Instructions
for Army Materiel, and TB 43-0242, CARC Spot Painting).
7. Remove all Basic Issue Items (BII) and Components of End Item (COEI) and stow in accordance with
END OF TASK