WARN I N G
Use extreme caution when handling heavy parts. Provide adequate support and use
assistance during procedure. Ensure lifting device used is in good condition and of
suitable load capacity. Keep clear of heavy parts supported only by lifting device. Failure
to follow this warning may cause injury or death to personnel.
N OT E
Track weighs approximately 5,750 lb (2,600 kg).
9. Install lifting device on upper track (Figure 5, Item 1).
10. Using lifting device, separate track links (Figure 5, Item 4).
11. Turn final drive (Figure 5, Item 2) forward while supporting track (Figure 5, Item 1) with lifting device.
12. Using lifting device, allow lower track (Figure 5, Item 1) to slowly fall rearward.
13. Using lifting device, move upper track (Figure 5, Item 1) forward and flat in front of machine.
14. Remove blocking (Figure 5, Item 3) from track.
15. Using lifting device, pull track (Figure 5, Item 1) from under front or rear of machine.
16. Remove lifting device from track (Figure 5, Item 1).
Figure 5. Track Separation.
END OF TASK
CLEANING AND INSPECTION
Clean and inspect all components IAW Mechanical General Maintenance Instructions (WP 0295).
END OF TASK