CLEANING AND INSPECTION
Clean and inspect all parts IAW Mechanical General Maintenance Instructions (WP 0295).
END OF TASK
REAR BOTTOM GUARD INSTALLATION
WARN I N G
Use extreme caution when handling heavy parts. Provide adequate support and use
assistance during procedure. Ensure any lifting device is in good condition and of suitable
Bottom guards will fall wh n bolts are removed.
Debris may accumulate inside bottom guards and add significantly to weight and balance
of bottom guards. Use extreme caution during removal of bottom guards.
Front bottom guard must be installed before mid-forward bottom guard.
Failure to follow these warnings may cause injury or death to personnel.
N OT E
Rear bottom guard weighs approximately 69 lb (31 kg).
1. Install suitable support device under rear bottom guard (Figure 5, Item 4).
2. With assistance, using suitable support device, install bottom guard (Figure 5, Item 4), two washers
(Figure 5, Item 7) and bolts (Figure 5, Item 1) on machine.
3. Install two washers (Figure 5, Item 3) and nuts (Figure 5, Item 2) on bottom guard (Figure 5, Item 4).
4. Install two washers (Figure 5, Item 5) and bolts (Figure 5, Item 6) on bottom guard (Figure 5, Item 4).
5. Remove support device from rear bottom guard (Figure 5, Item 4).
Figure 5. Rear Bottom Guard.
END OF TASK