N OT E
All removed fasteners and loose hardware must be transported with the machine.
PREPARATION FOR HIGHWAY AND RAIL TRANSPORT
WARN I N G
For highway and rail transport, the ROPS and cab must be removed from the machine
after positioning the machine on transporter. Failure to follow this warning may result in
injury or death to personnel.
N OT E
For highway transport, two M870 trailers with prime movers are required.
1. Remove bulldozer blade and disassemble (WP 0268).
2. Stow bulldozer blade, push arms, stabilizer bar, tilt cylinder, and tilt brace and tie down IAW FM 55-30, Army
Motor Transport Unit and Operations.
3. Remove trunnions (WP 0130).
4. Stow trunnions and tie down IAW FM 55-30, Army Motor Transport Unit and Operations.
5. Remove lift cylinders. Refer to Lift Cylinders Removal in this work package.
6. Remove exhaust stack. Refer to Exhaust Pipe Removal in this work package.
7. Remove arctic kit heater battery box, if equipped. Refer to Arctic Kit Heater Battery Box Removal in this work
WARN I N G
Always use a ground guide when moving machine up ramp to load onto rail car. Failure to
use a ground guide may result in an accident, causing death or injury to personnel or
damage to equipment.
8. Start engine (TM 5-2410-241-10).
9. With assistance from ground guides, slowly drive machine onto trailer or rail car.
10. If passing over spanner between rail cars, maintain constant speed, DO NOT stop quickly or reverse direction.
11. Stop machine and engage parking brake when directed by ground guides (TM 5-2410-241-10).
12. Lower ripper, if equipped, onto wood blocks on trailer or rail car deck, and apply slight downward pressure (TM
13. Turn off engine (TM 5-2410-241-10).
14. Turn off battery disconnect switch (TM 5-2410-241-10).
15. Secure machine with suitable tiedowns.