PREPARATION FOR CONUS RAIL TRANSPORT
For rail transport, D6K Dozer can either be self-loaded (driven) or lifted onto railcar.
1. Position dozer blade for transport position. Refer to Dozer Blade Stowage/Unstowage in this work package.
WARN I N G
Always use a ground guide when moving machine up ramp to load on railcar. Failure to
use a ground guide may result in an accident, causing death or injury to personnel or
damage to equipment.
N OT E
The D6K Dozer can be driven on a railcar at the railhead, or lifted onto railcar with
appropriate lift equipment.
Proceed to step 2 if dozer can driven on railcar.
Proceed to step 5 if dozer is to be lifted onto railcar.
2. Start engine (TM 5-2410-240-10).
3. Following instructions from ground personnel (railcar load master and ground guides), slowly drive machine
straight on railcar.
4. If passing over spanners between railcars, maintain a constant speed. DO NOT stop quickly or reverse
direction. Stop machine when told to do so by ground personnel. Proceed to step 12.
5. Start engine (TM 5-2410-240-10).
6. Raise bulldozer blade to maximum height (TM 5-2410-240-10).
7. Stop engine (TM 5-2410-240-10).
WARN I N G
Use extreme caution when handling heavy parts. Provide adequate support and use
assistance during procedure. Ensure any lifting device used is in good condition and of
suitable load capacity. Keep clear of heavy parts supported only by lifting device. Failure
to follow this warning may cause injury or death to personnel.
8. Attach slings and lifting device to lift points in accordance with shipping data plate on machine.